Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Discovery

This is the year that I have dedicated to self discovery (I know sounds a little airy-fairy), but my children are grown and I am on my second marriage, so I started thinking around the holidays "who am I" and the answer was "I don't know". I have been someone's daughter, sister, mother or wife my entire life. I never took the time to find out who I was and now have no idea who I am. I am not alone in this, many women my age (or older) have at one time or other asked themselves the same question. I am starting to get over the idea that this is selfish (after all I want the same things for my daughters -- so lead by example). By the end of the year I hope to have a better understanding of the girl I was, the woman I became and the person I want to be. Life has not always been fair (and no one said it would be) but overall I have had a decent life with many blessings (and few curses). I have loved well (if not always wisely), laughed (a lot) and lived to the best of my ability. I have learned to redefine what "success" means and to not let my failures lead me to far adrift. At the end of the day I would like to have no regrets. So, if at times, I seem lost do not worry I will find my way home and hopefully be all the better for the wrong turns, as well as the right ones.

When the time comes to say goodbye, remember smile when you think of me and have another drink, try not to cry and know that I love you (sometimes more than life itself) and will always watch over those that are special to me. Have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: