Thursday, December 4, 2008

You are never too old to fall down

Yesterday as I was walking out the door of my office and I fell over a concrete cinder block and cut my leg all up. It occurred to me as I lay there writhing in pain that I should be too old to trip over things (but apparently you are never too old for this to happen) which got me to thinking about the other things in life that you should outgrow tripping over. Your tongue, for example, as we get older we are supposed to get wiser and learn how to say the appropriate thing and not blurt out inappropriate things (has anyone mastered this skill yet?). I still get foot-in-mouth on occasion. Are we destined to blunder our way through life or do we really get more wisdom as we get older and how much older do we have to be to receive this wisdom? I think that the reality is that we are destined to fall down over and over and the wisdom is learned by getting up, brushing ourselves off and avoiding that particular "cinder block" in the future. Hope you all have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

1 comment:

Trudi & Gary said...

Very impressed and awestruck at how you turned your painful spill into an inspiring introspection about "adulthood" (what a notion). And I still think those verbal slips can be even more painful than those physical ones. Keep the thoughts coming! :-)