Sunday, December 7, 2008

What if........

I don't usually spend too much time on "what if" I find that for the most part it is a waste of energy and time. However, the last few days the thought has just sorta creeped into my head from time to time and I am forced to acknowledge this niggling thought or go insane (for those of you who know me you are aware that it would be a short trip).

When I was younger I wasted a lot of energy on this particular thought. So here is how it usually starts out "if you could go back in time and change one thing about your life, what would it be?" People usually are able to think of this thing pretty quickly but here is the catch.......look at your life and the people in it right now, think about how you met them and what events have shaped your life and the person you have become, now think about the thing you would change....where would the people who are important to you now be? Would you still be the same person that you are today? It is really sometimes as simple as taking a left at the fork in the road instead of a right.

I believe that we are on a journey and that every second of every day we make decisions about which way to go, left or right, and from there we meet people and have experiences that shape our lives and the decisions that we will make. I can think of a lot of things that I would have done differently but nothing that I would go back and change. I am the person I am because of the experiences I have had, the people I have known and maybe even because of the people I never met. So do not waste too much time wondering "what if" focus on the right now and everything that is precious to you at this time... let tomorrow worry about tomorrow and let the past be laid to rest (as it should be), forgive yourself for the mistakes, love yourself for the good and strive every day to move forward. Remember Live, Laugh and Love for the journey will end in good time, ready or not.

Hope you have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: