Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wouldn't That Be Great

I saw a clip of President Obama, while watching Rachel Maddow, of a speech he gave to a school in May 2010. While listening to him speak I was struck anew with how much I like, admire and respect our current President. I have had several people ask me why I supported him and why I like him so much........I finally have the answer!

The speech was on democracy and how we should be as a country. President Obama and I both believe that this country could be GREAT. As a democratic society our leaders should be able to debate the issues without hostility, our leaders should be able to show respect to each other (even when they disagree) and our leaders should be able to sit across from each other and negotiate/compromise on all key issues.

They are not children and as adults they should have learned by now that in order to have a democracy there will have to be negotiations and compromises on all issues. We are a country with 300 million+ people.........everyone knows that you cannot please everyone all the time. The solution for this is for Washington to GROW UP and get on with the BUSINESS of running this country in a way that it can reach its full potential and so that we stop being a JOKE to the rest of the world.

I am truly blessed to have been born in this country and was very proud when President Obama was elected..........and then ashamed of how he has been treated by the very people that are supposed to work with him.

My thoughts, prayers and hopes are with the President.

Hope you have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: