Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blessings

Yesterday was a really bad day for me however, last night I started thinking about all the blessings I have in my life......I am blessed to have beautiful, healthy, intelligent grandchildren, 2 beautiful daughters, a dog that I adore and 2 cats that I love (even when they get on my nerves) and an often neglected but understanding husband. But, the thing that I am most grateful for and feel most blessed to have is my best friend and the love of my life. My life has been greatly enriched having him in it......my hope for him is that he will live to see the changes necessary for him to be at peace and that will only happen when this country starts to treat all of its citizens equally.

It drives me crazy when "white" people say that racism is not an issue in this country today?!? Did they not listen to the "blatant racism" that was displayed during the recent election? When are "people of color" going to be able to be proud of being American? We have so many problems in this country that need to be solved before we try to solve other country's problems.

I think the politicians can take the advice my daddy used to give me "before you start trying to clean up someone else's backyard....make sure yours is done". I think that the powers that be in Washington ought to worry more about our backyard.

When we as a country have solved the homeless issue, the insurance issue, the unemployment issues, the gun issues, the education issues, etc...... then we can worry about helping the rest of the world.

So, once again, I say stand up and demand that everyone is equal and remind Washington who pays their salaries and demand that they get to work and make this country what we would like it to be......not what it is!

I hope you have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: