Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Do we repeat history?

Just finished watching President Obama at the Memorial. As usual, he was articulate, sincere and motivational and while I was feeling comforted and, maybe, even a little hopeful for the future a commercial came on for Time Life advertising the DVD's for coverage of what Hitler and the Nazi's were like.

As I was watching I had a thought (it happens every few years whether I want one or not) has it occurred to anyone but me that the rise of Hitler is bearing a great deal of resemblance to the recent take over of the Republicans? Now I am not saying that the republicans are Nazis but it is scaring me to see all the similarities between these 2 groups (because contrary to popular belief, Hitler did not rise to power on his own).

Hitler did not start out letting everyone see how crazy he was (after all if crazy came out at the beginning.......he would not have got very far) but those that brought him to power and thought that they could control him found out that you can't control CRAZY. So I ask you "haven't you learned to recognize crazy before it gets out of hand?"

I know I have asked this before, but when are Americans going to wake up and stop being SHEEP? We don't need automatic weapons, we don't need Big Brother taking our money, we don't need the Republicans (or democrats, tea party members, etc.) telling us what we will take and what we will do without.

It is time for all Americans to stand up and say "NO" you work for me, you use my money to run the country and you will no longer be ALLOWED to steal my children's future from them.

I love this country and the people (the real people) of America and I believe that we can be great, if we just get off our lazy asses and start holding Washington accountable.

I hope you have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: