Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Love

I was watching a special with Rosie O'Donnell where she took her family, friends and members of the Gay community on a cruise. I did not catch all of it just the last few minutes. The part I saw was when they docked in Nassau and were met with protestors against their lifestyle. It got me to thinking why do people believe that there is only one acceptable way to love? Why are they opposed to letting gays adopt children? Especially when so often these children would go without permanent homes and no special love in their lives. I have always believed that to love someone and be loved in return should be celebrated and cherished. Why in this day and age are some people still so closed minded? Are they insecure, afraid, or just plain miserable? Why as a people must we continually live out the same narrow minded, short sighted bigotry over and over. I saw people who were caring, kind and generous regardless of who they chose to love. The misconception that is being put out there by these "normal" people is that it is unnatural, how can love be unnatural? I don't know what the answer is except that if we each live our own lives and let God worry about everyone else's the world would be a better place. I hope everyone had a good weekend, has a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Trudi & Gary said...

Love is the one thing I will never be ashamed of admitting - no matter who I find feeling it for.
Great insight!
Trudi & Gary