Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Age, Is it just a number?

I have been thinking a lot about getting older (maybe because I am getting older). Everyday I look in the mirror while getting ready for work and I wonder "who is this person?" I am 46 and I still feel like I am 17 (at least mentally). I remember when I was younger that I used to wonder what it would be like to be older? When do you start feeling like you have all the answers? Is there a time when you are comfortable being just who you are without being insecure or wondering if there is something else? I have experienced that sensation once in my life and thought it would last, but as I found out nothing lasts forever. I always felt like I was on the outside looking in and often thought that there would come a day when I would no longer feel that way.... I am still waiting for that day.What is the ruler with which we measure success in our life? I have been blessed in this life to have met very special people along my journey. Some are still with me and some were just passing through. I feel that in some areas of my life I have accomplished more than I ever thought possible. In other areas I feel as if I have fallen far short and still feel like that 8 year old little girl laying in the grass dreaming of flying away on the airplane that I was watching in the sky and wanting to be anywhere but in my life. So what conclusions can we draw from this?I think that ultimately we have to accept that we are all responsible for our own lives and no one can make us happy or unhappy without our participation. So when you lay down tonight and your thoughts are drifting about all you did not accomplish this day remember there is always tomorrow, and if not then who cares?Do not spend too much time worrying about tomorrow because today will pass you by. Hope you all have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.TTFN

1 comment:

Trudi & Gary said...

Congratulations on your new blog! :-)
Love the way think, the way you express your thoughts is awesome.

Trudi & Gary