Friday, November 28, 2008

Love is Everything

It is the day after Thanksgiving and I am pondering the question "where is the love?". Yesterday was a good day, family and children running amok but it also made me miss those that have gone on to a better place. I was thinking alot yesterday about my ex mother-in-law and what a wonderful woman she was. She was a woman who believed in God and family, she was kind, caring and generous and I strive to be more like her. During the holidays when my children are speaking of their grandmother with love and longing I miss her even more but am glad that they had to opportunity to really know her and have such great memories now that she is gone. It reminds me of a line out of one of my favorite songs "it's not what you take with you it's what you leave behind". Lela B. Irons has left a legacy of love and family that I will remember for the rest of my life and if I can leave even a tenth of that behind, then I will have her to thank for it. We love you and miss you today and always Mother Irons. Celebrate your life and your loved ones and enjoy each day that you get with them. Hope you all have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: