Thursday, January 29, 2009

Enough

The absence of any written thoughts lately might lead one to believe that there is not much going on in my head, however this would not be an accurate statement. In fact, quite the opposite is true the thoughts have been spinning around and around keeping me up at night. I have experienced all the excitement and hopefulness that the election brought and having watched the news lately (not my usual MO) I have been disgusted all over again by the way human beings can treat each other. I have also had enough of hearing about one spouse killing the other (or worse yet killing their spouse and children) whatever happened to just leaving? Seriously, if you are that unhappy in your relationship there is such a thing as divorce and it is really easy to get in America and how could someone kill their children or the mother/father of said children (I am disgusted and tired of this particular news item). I believe that we are going to hell in a handbasket but there is no use in taking the express elevator!

I have experienced Joy when celebrating my grandson's 1st birthday and revel in the wonder that awaits him every day. I am constantly amazed by the intelligence of my grandchildren (they give me hope for a brighter future).

The other day at work I was talking with some friends and the subject of death came up, one of the girls said that she was afraid of dying before she was rich, which led me to reveal that I was not afraid of dying (just the method by which this state would be accomplished) and that I was already rich. I have the love of my friends and family, 2 wonderful daughters (that I adore), my grandchildren who bring wonder and joy to my life, I have been in love once in my life, I have a roof over my head, food to eat, a job I love and a God to believe in (what more could you ask for at the end of the day?)

So as you can see even though I have not been writing I have been thinking and counting my blessings. Live your life with no regrets so that at the end of the day when you take your final breath it will be with peace in your heart and the love that will follow you.

Have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: