Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Joy of Children

My youngest grandson is getting ready to turn 1 and watching him grow has reminded me about the Joy that children bring to your life. Don't get me wrong, I love all my grandchildren and have marveled at each one of them as they continue to grow and find wonder in the world. However, I had almost forgotten the wonder a baby experiences every day, I was watching Alycia, Alexis and KJ the other day and while I was trying to get KJ to take a nap he was finding the baby in the mirror fascinating. It made me wonder when was the last time that I simply found wonder in something so simple as looking at my reflection? If we pause to think about how much of a miracle life is maybe we would all find a friend in the mirror. In light of the utter darkness that has surrounded me recently I find that being with someone who can communicate their feelings with absolute honesty (whatever a baby is feeling is prominently displayed) . With a baby you know when they are happy and sad, hurt and angry or sick and tired, too bad as adults we lose the ability to communicate our feelings with each other with the same absolute honesty that we did when we were children. Spending time with KJ gave me some peace and helped to remember that I am loved and I am worth loving (something that I was beginning to doubt). So I have decided to climb up out of the darkness and take a stand for me and return to the person that I fought so hard to become. Take time to find a friend in the mirror and you will see that as long as you have that friend you can do anything. Have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: