Sunday, March 1, 2009

Get A Clue!

I was watching a show last night that involved a grown man having sex with 14 year girl which led me to make the statement that "I really cannot comprehend how a grown man can be turned on by a child" a discussion ensued which debated whether it was just a perversion or a brain disorder (caused by aborted emotional development at a young age). At the end of this discussion, much to my surprise, a statement was made that by accepting homosexuality we were opening the area to pedophiles (sp?) trying to gain acceptance of their behavior (something called MAMBLY was referenced). At first I thought I heard wrong and then I was just dumbfounded. On what planet are the two even remotely connected? Homosexuality is between 2 (or more) consenting adults and legal, pedophiles are not even in the same stratasphere, they destroy the innocence of children and take away the very thing they say the "love" about children. I was unaware (or just didn't want to be) that there were actually people in this world who believe the two are the same. I have a very open mind but even I can't get around this one, and the organization called MAMBLY is lobbying in Washington for acceptance! If this is true then we are more lost than even I thought. I believe that whatever consenting adults do in the privacy of their own space is their own business and should be respected as such. However, I believe that no pedophile can be rehabilitated and should either be locked away in a prison, put on a deserted island with like minded individuals or simply shoot them all and let God sort it out, but under no CIRCUMSTANCES should a person of homosexual nature be compared to a PEDOPHILE that is just disgraceful and disgusting.

Our children our future we must protect them at all costs and teach them love, tolerance and acceptance so that we might actually have a future. Be kind to each other, save a child and have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

1 comment:

Trudi & Gary said...

What channel was this?
Also, the organization is called "NAMBLA" which stands for the North American Man Boy Love Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMBLA)

I agree with your sentiment - the two things do not have anything to do with each other - which is why I ask what channel the show was on. Some stations don't believe in reality or fact checking (you know like FOX...). I would suggest you find the website for the TV channel and let them know of your opinion, maybe if more people told them to get their facts right, this type of distorted reporting wouldn't happen as often.