Sunday, March 1, 2009

Curiosity

Who, What, Where, When and Why.....these are the questions that allow us to learn as we grow. I often wonder "why do some people lose their curosity?" As someone who is curious about all things and is constantly asking the above questions, people who lack this particular feature confuse me. When did they stop wanting to learn? Why did they stop being curious? Does this mean that they have found all the answers? My oldest child was a "WHY" child (which did sometimes drive me crazy and often made me revert to the "because I'm the mommy and I say so statement) my youngest child was a "WHAT" child (which is easier but still sometimes frustrating) as they have grown older they are still WHY and WHAT children.

I have found that in life curiosity is a good thing (mainly) and that without it we stop progressing. If you are curious about something then you will learn more about what it is that interests you, which in turn will help you to grow as a human being. So are those people without curiosity done growing or have they just given up? I hope that I am still asking (and hopefully getting) the answers to all the questions in my head, even as I draw my last breath. Curiosity may have killed the cat (but at least he learned something by it) so I will keep being curious and keep learning (and hopefuly keep growing). Learn something new today, have a blessed day and a better tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: